Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart - James Patterson http://www.b00kr3vi3ws.in/2013/12/CrossMyHeart.html

With this novel, James Patterson has taken his protagonist, Alex Cross, to a whole new level.

There’s a serial killer loose in the city and he has taken offense in the fact that Alex Cross has never taken interest in his case. So, get Alex’s attention, the killer makes it personal by threatening his family. Always a firm believer in family, Alex now has to work doubly hard and smarter to catch this perpetrator as one mistake could lead to a death of one of his closest person.

I loved the concept of this book. Alex has always been portrayed as a family man and he finds his strength in them. So of course, when his family is threatened, Alex is bound to go beyond every boundary set around him. The mystery and the thrill gets really intense. Also, on the other hand we see a villain who isn’t afraid to cross Mr.Cross. Of course we have had villains targeting Alex before and even threaten the life of someone close to him, but to threaten his whole family? The guy has guts and the brains to pull it off too. The narration and flow of this novel goes on as any other Patterson novel – short chapters, lots of action and lots of gore.

However I hated the cliffhanger ending because that’s very unlike an Alex Cross or even a James Patterson novel. All his series are made up of stand-alone novels and this is the first time he is dragging one story over to another and I don’t like it. I wish he would have made the book longer and finished it off in this one book only. Had I known about the cliffy, I would have waited for the next book to release to pick this one up. My suggestion to others would be to do exactly that. Its worth reading, but the cliffy will make you go mad!