Pressed Pennies

Pressed Pennies - Steven Manchester http://www.b00kr3vi3ws.in/2014/06/PressedPennies.html

Can two people connected through their past, struggling in their present, come together to complete each other?

Rick and Abby has a shared past but circumstances had torn them apart. Now years later, their experiences since then have changed them both. Going through divorce is a difficult thing and as these two get reacquainted, their relationship is different this time round. On one hand Abby’s spirit is completely broken. On the other hand Rick has no experience in raising or even dealing with kids. Will this odd couple, with their shared history, be able to find their way to each other again?

The protagonists’ characters were drawn very close to real characters that we know in our lives. As such their little nuisances and quirks made them very real to the readers and it was easy to relate to them. I felt for Abby really. Her ex-husband had left her broken, yet she had to put up a brave front for her daughter. I applause her for getting out of the abusive relationship in time to save herself and her daughter as I understand that it is a very difficult thing to do. The book changed POV from time to time and though at times it felt real sudden and took time to catch with the change, being able to read from both POV really helped getting to know the characters up, close and personally.

My only wish is that the author would give bit more details about the different settings. Other than that this novel was full of emotions and drama that kept my pages turning till the very end.