Gallagher's Hope

Gallagher's Hope - M.K. McClintock When Isabelle Rousseau is left with no choice but to fled New Orleans along with her little brother, she takes up the job of a school teacher in Montana. Born into an affluent family, Isabelle has always had money and never had to worry about it. Now not only she has to settle down in a new town with nothing but responsibility of a younger brother, Isabelle is hoping for a fresh new start. Gabriel Gallagher is a happy man who is happy with what life has dealt him. That is until Isabelle arrived in town. It is only then that he is fully aware of what he was missing. When a terrible truth from Isabelle’s past threatens to rip off everything she had been working for, Gabriel steps in to rescue her. But there be an happily ever after for them?

This is the second book in the Gallagher Series. The first is Gallagher's Pride; which dealt about Ethan Gallagher. I haven’t had the chance to read the first book in the series, but that did not hamper my experience with this book. There were some references to the first story and I am sure that there are a lot of details about the Gallagher family in the first book. However, this book can almost stand on its own. But I also have to say that the idea of weaving in three different stories (or sub-plots) in three different books, but all under the same plot is great.

The characters of this installment (remember all of them are new to me) are brilliant. I love Isabelle for her strength to move in and settle in a foreign place because that was only right thing she could do by her brother. She takes whatever is thrown at her and takes the practical solution. I love the dynamics between Ibby and Andy. I love Gabriel, because he is so caring, gentle and patient! A perfect Gentleman. (There you go – I am in love with another fictitious character!!) But what I loved the most was the rest of the Gallagher family. They were in no means the perfect family – they had their own quirky little things and faults – and that’s what made them so believable! I loved the whole bunch.

The author has pretty straightforward way of storytelling. She builds up her characters and lets them grow throughout in whatever small way. However, I couldn’t help but feel that there was something missing. That could be because I delved into the second part directly and anyway I am one of those people who is always looking for more in a book in some way or the other.

This is fairly fast read and I finished reading it in one sitting. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a Love Story.