Never Let You Fall (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, Book 1)

Never Let You Fall (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, Book 1) - Michele G.  Miller Skye Martin is an orphan growing up alone in the system. But she isn’t ordinary. She has a history, only she cannot remember it. All her memories of the night her parents dies and before that are lost to her. The only way she can now cope with her life is to get drunk enough to loose her conscience. Xander is responsible for watching over her and keep her safe from anything human or inhuman that may try to snatch her. And for the last two years he had been watching her from afar – drowning her sorrows in bottles. But these two youngsters share a certain bond that cannot be explained easily. When a demon comes too close to Skye, Xander decides that it is time to reveal her true identity to Skye.

Skye is a strong girl. She is sceptic at first, which is a very natural reaction, but soon she learns to trust Xander as he reveals layers of secrets to her. She is scared and she is nervous, but at the same time she is determined to do the right thing. Xander on the other hand has been trained to be her guardian. Even with all the lessons and warnings, he can’t help but fall for her. He is strong and protective and I, on his behalf, wished that Skye she could have her memory back so that she would remember him the way he remembered and cared for her. There were only a couple of other characters whose role in the first novel is well fleshed out and though I am in two minds about one of them, I like the character of Xander’s uncle.

With the number of fantasy books available in the market, it is really different to come up with something completely new and untold. But Michele has expertly mixed something new in the very formulistic storyline. I liked the way she has portrayed the bond between the two and also the concept of magic portals. The book ends with a huge cliff hanger that makes me wanna go and bang on the authors door and demand to know what happened next. Good thing we are on two different continents right now! I am seriously looking forward to the second instalment because I have a feeling that there are still a lot of secrets that are yet to be revealed and there’s no way am I going to miss them out.